SkillsUSA is a national nonprofit Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) serving middle school, high school and college students who are preparing for careers in trade, technical and skilled service occupations. SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce.
Utilizing an applied method of instruction for preparing America’s high-performance workers in public career and technical programs, SkillsUSA provides quality education experiences for students in leadership, teamwork, citizenship and character development. These experiences build and reinforce self-confidence, a strong work ethic and effective communications skills.
- 2023 NLSC Opening Session Keynote SpeakersThree SkillsUSA Alumni – Aaron Robles, Laila Mirza and Matt DiBara – were the featured keynote speakers at the Opening Ceremony for SkillsUSA's 2023 National Leadership and Skills Conference Opening Session.
- Social Media TipsBrooke Gatchell, SkillsUSA's Social Media Specialist joins us for a breakdown of social media and how a SkillsUSA chapter can use it to share news about their programs.
- The SkillsUSA AdvantageIn this episode, we share the findings from the SkillsUSA Advantage report — just released by the Student Research Foundation.
- Interview: Sheila VasquezIn this episode, we sit down with SkillsUSA alumna Sheila Vasquez to talk about her journey from a student to an attorney to a published author.
- Learn About SkillsUSA's ScholarshipsThere are several scholarships available to SkillsUSA members. What are they and how do you apply? We sit down with Megan Flinn, Member Engagement Specialist at SkillsUSA's National Headquarters to learn more about what's available and some best practices for applying.